Links 17-22 August 2012
August 22nd, 2012
- Le Figaro : Le calvaire d’un contestataire soudanais
The torture of Radwan Dawood.
- Arab Uprisings: Morsi’s Egypt
Collection of FP/POMEPS articles
- An illusory first ‘Egypt spring’ – Haaretz
Tom Segev on Naguib’s peace overture in 52-54
- Reconciliation – Daily News Egypt
- Walking to Syria | The Nation
Sherif Abdel Kuddous
- The Urgent Need to Prevent a Middle East War
Patrick Seale, rather all over the place.
- Majidi exposed | Ahmed Benchemsi
Translations of article on royal corruption in Morocco.
- Guardian offers bizarre new defense for hiring Islamophobic murder-inciter Joshua Treviño | The Electronic Intifada
Ali Abunimah is on fire.
- American student shot dead by Israel “deserved” to die says Guardian’s Joshua Treviño | The Electronic Intifada
This Strevino fellow is a prick.
- Schumpeter: The other Arab spring | The Economist
- Saving Syria | by Christian C. Sahner – WSJ.com
Looting of Palmyra, Crusader castles.
- “Complementary” Status for Tunisian Women – By Monica Marks | Foreign Policy
Good, well-researched piece.
- Egypt to ask for US$4.8 billion IMF loan | Egypt Independent
- House Republicans Party, Skinny Dip in Sea of Galilee
On AIPAC’s dime.
- L’insupportable cérémonie d’humiliation nationale
- PM Qandil pays surprise visit to Imbaba Police Station
- Sons of former Salafist MP arrested digging for monuments – Ahram Online
- Car Bombs In Libyan Capital
- Egypt’s Military and the Arab Spring – Andrew C. McCarthy
This McCarthy guy, getting so many things wrong in one piece – typical contemporary “conservative.”
- Empowered Brothers celebrate, their way | Egypt Independent
- Kidnapping, Spats on Docket of Syria Rebel Boss – WSJ.com
great reporting by Charles Levinson (@levinsonc)
- Egyptian Organization for Human Rights Report: ‘Intellectual Terrorism and the Policy of Censorship’
- Police seize leaflets in Sinai urging rebellion | Egypt Independent
- The Morsi “coup”: Coup d’etat, coup de grace or coup de theatre?
- RFI: ‘The Palestinians fleeing Syria, trapped in Jordan’
- Special Report: The wonks who sold Washington on South Sudan | Reuters
- Après les militaires, les diplomates syriens tentés par la défection
- “The Original Shabiha,” by Mohammad D.
- Fighting rages around Aleppo airport
- U.S. Greets Egyptian Top General – WSJ.com
Some info on Sissi here
- U.S. Reliance on Saudi Oil Heads Back Up
- Government earmarks LE1 bn for Sinai development | Egypt Independent
- The Gaza Strip: A building boom | The Economist
The Economist says Gaza may be ready for a major building boom
Categories: Arab Blogs